Monday, October 16, 2006

All About Me

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Abe Forman-Greenwald and I am the assistant editor on Creature Comforts. This has been my favorite job ever because the material we work with here is so much fun. I am responsible for digitizing audio from our field interviewers, making audio selects with the story editors and many other odds and ends that come up throughout each day. Most of the audio that we receive is on MiniDisc, not videotape, so we almost never get to see what the interviewees actually look like. I have been working in the documentary field for the last 6 years and in each project I work on I feel like I get to know and love the characters. Creature Comforts is a special case because the audio is all from documentary interviews with people all over the country but the visuals are animated animals. So that special combination of documentary audio and claymation animals is hard to beat and makes me love the characters even more. I've been a fan of Aardman Animations since I first saw Wallace & Gromit in high school. To work on an Aardman project has been a dream come true and I can't wait for the rest of America to see the show.

No comments: